Speaking of Culture
Copyright Year: 2017
Publisher: Rebus Community
Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What is Culture?
- Chapter 2: The Human Family
- Chapter 3: Origins and Early Developments of Culture
- Chapter 4: Material Culture
- Chapter 5: Culture as Thought and Action
- Chapter 6: Beliefs, Values, and Cultural Universals
- Chapter 7: Group Membership and Identity
- Chapter 8: Roots of American National Culture
About the Book
“Speaking of Culture” is a collection of instructor-authored background readings intended to accompany other activities, discussions, experiences, projects, and readings for IELI 2470 – Cross-Cultural Perspectives, a course offered by faculty in the Intensive English Language Institute at Utah State University. Its main purpose is to define culture and other concepts often associated with it.