Trayectos 2: Más sobre mí 2
Gabriela C Zapata, Nottingham, England
Copyright Year: 2022
Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- Publishing & Licensing Information
- Table of Contents
- About the Project
- Program Features
- Theoretical and Pedagogical Framework
- Module Components and Organization
- Módulo 1: Mi vida diaria
- Módulo 2: Mi estilo de vida
- Módulo 3: Mis celebraciones
About the Book
Trayectos is an open curriculum for beginning second language (L2) learners of Spanish. The textbook offers the following features to L2 Spanish students and instructors:
- Learner-centered fresh, multimodal content, based on Learning by Design, a pedagogy inspired by the Multiliteracies movement (Kalantzis et al., 2005, 2016, 2019; Zapata, 2022). The four modules in Volume I connect the life worlds of learners with the life worlds of diverse Spanish speakers.
- Instruction incorporating the following features:
- Multimodal texts (e.g., readings, videos, posters) based on a variety of textual genres that contextualize topics about the lives of real university students;
- Communicative activities that bind language form to cultural meaning within real-life contexts, and offer students opportunities to discover how to use new Spanish vocabulary and grammar in diverse sociocultural situations;
- Critical thinking and language awareness tasks that showcase different varieties of Spanish, including those spoken in the United States, and help learners explore the Spanish-speaking world, including local Hispanic/Latinx communities; and
- Culminating tasks that oblige learners to synthesize their new linguistic and cultural knowledge into a personal, multimodal text.
- Supplementary digital resources that provide students with opportunities to practice the content learned through self-correcting activities (Práctica individual) and to use Spanish to broaden their knowledge of and critically analyze issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Spanish-speaking world (Voces de nuestro mundo; available at http://bit.ly/VocesMundo).
- An open copyright license (Creative Commons license) that gives all users the right to adapt the textbook and to share their new content with others, and digital how-to sections for instructors to answer their students’ unique needs.
About the Contributors
Gabriela C. Zapata, School of Education, University of Nottingham