Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- Culinary Challenges Preparation
- Emerging Concepts in Precision Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Disease & Nutritional Considerations
- Neurological and Mental Health Disorders & Nutritional Considerations
- Cancer & Nutritional Considerations
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Health, Microbiome & Nutritional Considerations
- Renal Conditions & Nutritional Considerations
About the Book
This electronic textbook (eBook) and/or eBook chapters are designed to accompany NS801, Precision Nutrition and Advanced Culinary Medicine, a 1-credit, 8-week online medical elective course for the University of Kentucky College of Medicine Office of Medical Education curricula. Reading for the course will be labeled to align with the content of the online course; such that Module 2 is aligned with Chapter 2, Module 3 with Chapter 3, and so on. As an open access textbook supported by the University of Kentucky Libraries Alternative Textbook program, all sources will be linked and readily available.
About the Contributors
Sara B. Police is an assistant professor at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. She develops and teaches graduate and professional-level nutritional sciences lectures and courses and serves as Director of Nutritional Sciences Education and Director of the Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Nutrition and Culinary Medicine. She is the recipient of two University of Kentucky Libraries Alternative Textbook Grants (2019, 2021) and the 2021 Outstanding Teaching Award.