Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- Part I. Chapter 1 Initiate IV Therapy
- Part II. Chapter 2 Administer IV Push Medications
- Part III. Chapter 3 Administer Blood Products
- Part IV. Chapter 4 Manage Central Lines
- Part V. Chapter 5 Insert Nasogastric and Feeding Tubes
- Part VI. Chapter 6 Manage Chest Tube Drainage Systems
- Part VII. Chapter 7 Interpret Basic ECG
- Part VIII. Answer Keys
About the Book
This textbook is an open educational resource with CC-BY licensing developed specifically for prelicensure nursing students. The e-book and downloadable versions are free. Affordable print versions are published in collaboration with XanEdu and available on Amazon and in college bookstores. Content is based on the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) statewide nursing curriculum for the Nursing Advanced Skills course (543-112) and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan. 1 Content includes advanced skills for registered nurses, such as intravenous infusion, blood product administration, management of central lines and chest tube systems, basic electrocardiogram interpretation, and nasogastric/feeding tube insertion, and builds on basic nursing skills discussed in the Open RN Nursing Skills OER textbook.
About the Contributors
The Open RN project is supported by a $2.5 million grant from the Department of Education to create five free, open-source nursing textbooks. However, this content does not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal government. More information about the Open RN grant can be found at cvtc.edu/OpenRN.