Comparisons of the Codex Alimentarius Principles of Nutrition Labelling and Relevant Guidelines of Taiwan and the United States
I-Yuan Chiang, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Yi-Wen Yuan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Hsuan Liang, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Copyright Year: 2022
ISBN 13: 9789869292962
Publisher: Software Liberty Association, Taiwan
Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 About Nutrition Labeling and This Book
- Chapter 2 CODEX GUIDELINES ON NUTRITION LABELING
- Chapter 3 GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR ESTABLISHING NUTRIENT REFERENCE VALUES FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION (ANNEX 1 OF THE CODEX GUIDELINES ON NUTRITION LABELLING)
- Chapter 4 GUIDELINES ON FRONT-OF-PACK NUTRITION LABELLING (ANNEX 2 OF THE CODEX GUIDELINES ON NUTRITION LABELLING)
- Chapter 5 Regulations of Nutrition Labeling in Taiwan
About the Book
Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling and The US 21 CFR PART 101.9 Nutrition Labeling are the primary references for Taiwan FDA to establish and amend the nutrition labeling regulations.
In January 2022, Codex updated the Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling. We finished the translation in April and integrated the related regulations from Taiwan and the US into this book. The expected audiences include food manufacturers in the international food trade and college students in food and nutrition majors. We hope the bilingual book can provide a general framework for the readers.
About the Contributors
- PhD: Food Science, Cornell University, NY
- BS & MS: Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei City, Taiwan.
- HACCP consultant.
- Lecturer in Food sanitation and HACCP training program, recognized by the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Member of the Food Committee, Consumer Protection Foundation, Taiwan.
- 2017-2020: Genetically Modified Foods Consultative Council member, the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Yi-Wen Yuan/苑奕琝 (Translator/author)
Hsuan Liang/梁暄 (Translator/author)
- Student (class of 2025) in Dept. of nutrition and food science.