Conditions of Use
Table of Contents
- 1 Preface
- 2 Zero Configuration Scripts and Command-Line Handlers
- 3 Files with FileSystem
- 4 Sockets
- 5 The Settings Framework
- 6 Regular Expressions in Pharo
- 7 Versioning Your Code with Monticello
- 8 Gofer: Scripting Package Loading
- 9 Managing Projects with Metacello
- 10 Glamour
- 11 Agile Visualization with Roassal
- 12 Scripting Visualizations with Mondrian
- 13 Handling Exceptions 263
- 14 Blocks: a Detailed Analysis
- 15 Exploring Little Numbers
- 16 Fun with Floats
- 17 Profiling Applications
- 18 PetitParser: Building Modular Parsers
About the Book
Pharo is a clean, innovative, open-source, live-programming environment.
Deep into Pharois the second volume of a series of books covering Pharo. Whereas the first volume is intended for newcomers, this second volume covers deeper topics.You will learn about Pharo frameworks and libraries such as Glamour, PetitParser, Roassal, FileSystem, Regex, and Socket.
You will explore the language with chapters on exceptions, blocks, small integers, and floats.
You will discover tools such as profilers, Metacello and Gofer.
About the Contributors
Alexandre Bergel, assistant professor at the University of Chile, member of the Pleiad research laboratory.
Damien Cassou, associate professor (maître de conférences) at the University of Lille 1, France, and a member of the RMod research group (Inria, LIFL),
Stéphane Ducasse is the research director at INRIA Lille leading the RMoD Team.
Jannik Laval, assistant professor position at University of Lyon in software engineering for information systems. Develops software tools to help engineers to maintain software applications; research is applied to Object-Oriented Software Architecture for Information Systems.